Saturday, June 23, 2012

I wanna be a cowgirl

Today I did something that I have been dying to do for, like, EVER.

I BOUGHT COWBOY BOOTS, Y'ALL!!!! YEEEEE-HAW!!!!!!

Source: www.radaronline.com


And I am not talking about some sad little, ankle boots that have been done vaguely in a cowboy style - I am talking about the real thing. Check it:



Oh my gosh - I love them so much!!!!! I got them from Route 66 in Darlinghurst and they were not cheap. But they are just so cooooooooooool - I couldn't resist.

The tag on them described them as:

"Fantastic vintage rockabilly filly cowgirl boots handmade in Mexico. These 2-tone boots are superbly made & very stylish with black cherry vamps, pull tab detailing & collar overlays. The black shafts with elaborate eagle stitching are echoed in the delicately cutout filigree heel rands & wingtip overlays."

I have no idea what most of that means, but it just makes them sound EVEN COOLER!!!

Not sure exactly what got me lusting cowboy boots so much - I mean, they aren't exactly an on-trend right now or anything like that. I do know, though, that when I saw this Justin Timberlake video I imagined that, if I bought a pair of cowboy boots, I would basically look as hot as the chick that Justin is chasing around NYC and that, you know, boys like JT would start to follow me around and stuff.

But apart from a gorgeous model from a JT video and, of course, Jessica Simpson before she at all the buttered pop tarts, I couldn't think of any other girls who wore cowboy boots so I was not that sure how I was going to style them.

Source: www.virtuetv.com
Yeah, I don't think I can get away with the whole Daisy Duke thing...

So, as any gal would do, I hit the Google for inspiration. And it was HARD! But I did find a few celebs that have rocked them, with varying degrees of success.

An Olsen (I think?) and Kate Bosworth wore them with pretty little white things:

Source: www.blogspot.com
Kate Moss, naturally, looked like a total rock star in hers, matched with cutoffs, an army jacket and ripped fishnets. Hot.
Source: www.bestfan.com
Rachel Bilson wore a red pair with an LBD. This actually looks a bit weird - like maybe it is laundry day and she lost all of her other shoes?

Source: www.cowboybootreview.com
But the most awesome, cowboy boot wearing celeb in Hollywood is, perhaps unsurprisingly, Miley Cyrus!

Source: www.disnology.com

Source: www.mileycyrus.blogspot.com



Source: www.onsugar.com

Source: www.fancarpet.com
What I have learned from Miley is this: Wear them with denim cut-offs, girl!!! Oh, and perhaps I need a couple of different pairs - Miley has got quite the collection. The last pair are particularly awesome.

But this doesn't help me right now, cos it is cold in Sydney and my legs would go blue if I wore those little shorts outside.

So instead, for now, I will take my inspiration from these not famous but still very stylish chicks:

Source: www.aliceanddaisy.com 
Source: www.newyorkstreetstyle.blogspot.com

Source: www.emmlittlesecrets.wordpress.com
Then, come summer, I am going to be all like, BAM! Like Samantha Mathis in 'That Thing Called Love':

Source: www.movienetwork.ca
Just need to get me a gee-tar, y'all. Yeah!!!! (And, also, an 18 year old's legs. But first, the guitar.)







1 comment:

Bec said...

Gem, I think you'll find the random blonde chick has too much flesh on her to be an Olsen :P