Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week two - three days in one post!

Oops! This week got a little away from me and now, here we are at Wednesday and I haven't posted one outfit this week. Bad me!

So here we go:

Monday
After a week of black and white (but with important splashes of red!), I started off the week in the mood to add a little colour.

And while I have a reputation for only wearing dark, neutral clothes, I actually don't have a problem with colour - so long as it is paired with a lot of black.

I would also normally only ever do one colour at a time. But on Monday, I was feeling sassy! After already choosing a bright, fuchsia shell top and adding a plain black pencil skirt and belt, I bypassed all my usual silver and black jewellery and chose a mess of green glass beads that I bought years ago when I was in Dubai. It would normally only ever get added to a black or grey outfit but not anymore!



Of course, the other splash of colour was the soles of my lovely, lovely shoes. While I do love fashion and especially love shoes, I don't normally spend silly amounts on buying designer labels. But I promised myself I would buy a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes if I stayed in my job long enough to get to the next level. I got my promotion last year and bought these while I was in the US a few months after.

Extravagant, yes. But hard earned and super lovely (and comfy - it is true!) so totally worth it.

Tuesday
Not only did I have to see clients on Tuesday, it was also my birthday! Yay!

And because I was feeling a little "all about me" from the second I woke up, I was not about to dress to blend in.  I also needed to pick something that I could wear out after work and that would also look professional for my client meeting if I threw a black jacket over it.

The first thing I chose was the red skirt. It is pretty new, super bright and bound to get attention. The last time that I wore it, though I think I just added black opaques and a black t-shirt because I felt that the skirt was bold enough on its own. But after Monday's successful matching of fuchsia and green, I decided a striped top would be more fun and give the look a bit of a French twist. Which I love!



(Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo at work in all the birthday excitement so the above photo is a bit rough and taken at the end of the day - but you get the general idea!)

Wednesday
Which brings us to today. And seeing as though I had already been mixing it up this week, I figured I should keep it going.

I think I must have bought this dress at the end of last Summer because I feel like I bought it ages ago but have only worn it once maybe twice before. When I found it lurking at the back of my wardrobe this morning, I decided it deserved to have a day in the sun.

Being a pretty, pale pink, it is not my usual kind of thing but I really love it. The material is gorgeous and so is the cut. It is a little bit short but seems ok for work if I add my old faithful opaque tights.



Given that it is so girly, I didn't want to fuss it up any more with jewellery and wore it plain. I wanted to channel a kind of Mia Wasikowska look - something a little fresher than I would normally do. I did put some darker make up on though, including a deep purple lipstick, so I didn't feel like I was fading away completely.

And that is it for this week! I will be spending the rest of the week all puffed up and bruised after my dental surgery so I can guarantee I will NOT be posting anymore photos of me for the next little while.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh darling happy birthday for yesterday!!! Love love LOVE the red skirt! And you looked just like a dancer today in your fab dress.
Me likey!
Mary xxx
www.thebeautywithinit.blogger.com

Emma M said...

You know, now that I think about it, I think I bought the pink dress not long after watching Black Swan while in a ballet-induced stupor...

Charmaine said...

Oooh, pink. Purdy. Potentially the best pink ever.